Deep Tissue Massage London
As we rush through the daily routine of our lives, most of us never stop to think about what we’re doing to our bodies. We just rush from one task to another, from work to home, from home to school, from school to our various social activities. Then the day is over, we finally make it home to collapse into the easy chair, and one of the first things we notice is how very sore we are.
Repetitive physical activities, like lifting and bending can put strain on muscle groups. Running and jumping constantly has pretty much the same effect. Sometimes even standing still for too long can put certain muscles groups in conflict with each other. And once you’ve strained or in some other way compromised your deep muscle groups, the effects can stay with you for a long time.
Deep tissue massage and sports massage has proven effective in reducing the pain, strain, stress and trauma associated most commonly with sports injuries, back and shoulder pain, repetitive strain injury (RSI), sciatica pain, relieve from pain and stress in the office.
Deep Tissue Massage London / Sports Massage For chronic Pain And Injuries Rehabilitation
How does deep tissue massage therapy work?
With chronic tension and/or serious injury, adhesions can form within the deep muscle groups. Muscle adhesions are bands of tight, strained and stretched muscle. These adhesions can limit your movement, cause circulation problems, and are almost always accompanied by some form of pain and discomfort. And chronic pain can lead to other problems as well. In cases such as these, one of the best treatments you can employ is that of deep tissue massage muscle technique.
At Massaggi expertly trained deep tissue massage London therapist will use deep tissue massage technique to relax those bands of tense and tight muscles that are causing you so much pain and grief. Deep tissue massage treatment focuses on the realignment of muscle groups.
This is done with the correct application of pressure in problem areas in connection with using the resistance of friction to relax other trouble areas. Once everything is in its proper place, and not putting strain on the other parts of the body, your overall sense of well being and happiness will improve leaving you feeling refreshed and recharged.
Deep tissue massage is very effective for chronic problems like stiff necks, strained or twisted shoulders muscles, and lower back stiffness or pain. This remedial massage technique is also especially good at reducing pain and discomfort in instances such as suffering from whiplash, a fall or a sports injury or some other form of injury that put a lot of force and strain where it wasn’t supposed to be.
What you should expect during deep tissue massage session?
During a deep tissue massage treatment your trained massage therapists may use hands, fingertips, knuckles and yes even elbows, to properly manipulate trouble spots in muscle groups. You may be asked from time to time to take deep breaths, as this is a technique that helps relax you by allowing you to focus on your breathing. This is common in therapeutic sessions, and is very helpful towards the overall result.
After your treatment, you will be relaxed and rejuvenated. With your muscles all in proper alignment, you will find that a lot of your chronic pain and discomfort will disappear. Your overall health will improve, and you will find your strength and coordination improving. Sometimes more than one session is required to achieve optimum results. Here at Massaggi, our comprehensive massage treatment plan stays with you every step of the way until you can start taking those steps on your own again.
Why sports massage is different from deep tissue massage?
Sports massage treatment method has proven so effective it is now used to treat other kinds of patients and other ailments. While originally designed for athletes, sports massage therapy has also proven beneficial to help people suffering from chronic low back and shoulder pain, as well as people with injuries that limit their mobility and range of motion.
Chronic ailments such as fibroblast and muscular dystrophy respond well to sports and deep tissue massage therapy when it is included in an overall treatment program.
What you can expect from sports massage session?
Sports massage therapy is a combination of advanced deep tissue massage technique also used by physiotherapist clinician and osteopath. There are actually different types of sports massage technique:
- Sports rehabilitation massage
- Event & post event sports massage
- Maintenance sports therapy
Each has different uses and benefits. An experienced, highly qualified and trained sports massage therapist can perform all types with a skill and expertise that will have you walking out of a sports massage clinics in London smiling. Let’s take a moment to go over the details of different treatment types available:
- Restorative sports massage is used extensively by athletes in training. A restorative massage treatment given during training allows the muscles and tendons to relax and continue to work together effectively. Done properly this can maximize the effects of your training session and reduce the aches and pains you might normally get in training.
- Rehabilitative sports massage is used primarily after an injury to help reduce pain and muscle trauma. Rehabilitation massage can help speed recovery time and help get you back on your feet as soon as possible, without the residual pain and stiffness which a lot of people go through. Anything that relaxes you, helps to speed and promote healing.
- Pr-event and post event sports massage. Pre-event massage is a short thirty to forty five minute session that is most effective when done soon before an actual event. By concentrating on the muscle groups that will come under the most stress in the event, this helps reduce the potential for injury and overall fatigue. This is popular with runners, basketball players and tennis players worldwide but can also benefit everyone and anyone who might participate in strenuous physical activity.
Sports massage techniques:
- Trigger points therapy to release tender points in muscle and tissue
- Muscle energy technique involve resistive movement to stretch muscle out before discomfort is felt
- Neuromuscular technique sports therapist gradually increase thumb pressure over sore point
- Soft tissue release release of muscular adhesion trough movement, applied pressure and stretch
- Connective tissue massage release tight muscles and trapped fluid between muscle fibres
Is your sporting performance or your ability to exercise at a higher level hindered by aches and pains? Are you regularly training through discomfort due to fatigued, tender and painful muscles?
Back and shoulder pain or stress in the office? If that sounds familiar then it is very likely that you could benefit from sports massage therapy. A good sports massage London therapist can provide the right treatment for promoting natural healing from muscle imbalance, sprain, strain, aches and pain.