How to reduce the pain and stiffness in aching joints
- Avoid any sudden movements; slow and steady will help avoid further spasms
- For neck strain, aches and pain, avoid extreme bending if is possible.
- For lower back problems, avoid long periods in a bent or stopped position.
- To lift an object from the floor level keep your spine straight, bent on the knees and let your legs do the work.
- Avoid soft chairs; if possible choose one that will support your back and sit tall.
- Try not to sit cross-legged. Legs that are crossed a the knees could aggravate existing knee, hip, pelvis.
- Legs that are crossed a the knees could aggravate back problems as well as interfering with limb circulation.
- Sleeping is very essential for the body to recuperate and repair itself, so get plenty of it.
- If possible sleep on to your knees slightly bent and a pillow between them, avoid sleep on your front.
- Good pillows and mattresses are very important, skimping on good quality to support your neck and back could lead to further aggravation.
- Ideally, the number of pillows and their firmness needs to facilitate your neck being inline with the rest of your spine when lying down.
- To reduce the strain on your back from getting out of the bed to turn out on your side, gently swing your legs off the bed and push yourself into a sitting position using your arms. Then let your legs do the work to get standing.
- Watch your posture all the time. A simple piece of advice that’s hard to do. Whether we are standing, sitting or lying down it’s easy to fall into old bad posture habits, try to catch yourself before this happens.
Help to return muscles to normal function
When undergoing the course of treatment of massage some client may experience varying degree of discomfort and disturbances to their symptoms. These discomforts are part of what we term… Reactions
Don’t Worry! This Can Be Perfectly Normal
The aim of sports remedial massage is to reduce inflammation, normalize muscle tonicity, reduce pain and stiffness and joint motion. Sports massage can also help heal strained muscles. To accomplish this goals element of physical change involving bones, muscles, ligaments, nerves and connective tissue needs to occur and it’s during this process that reactions can occur.
Remember: Many massage clients don’t feel any discomfort! If you however you do, please tell your sports massage therapist so he can discuss it further with you.
Stretching exercise after sports massage
Stretching should never substitute, but complement a massage treatment plan. For the most effective result of stretching you should not stretch your muscles excessively, as this can lead to microfracture of tendons and increase vulnerability to injuries.
Massaggi has established a stellar reputation for delivering high-quality sports massage in London to all our clients. To benefit from a unique and quality massage service contact us today.